launched Oppo its last phone of the economic number series without any warning in the Egyptian market, which is the Oppo A16, a device that comes as an alternative to the previous version, the Oppo A15, and the company launched the mobile with some differences.
Perhaps the most important of these differences is the front camera, which became 8 mega-pixels after it was 5 mega-pixels, in addition to the fact that the mobile comes directly with the latest operating systems, with a larger storage space, and the battery has become better and with a larger capacity.
In this article, we will present the advantages and disadvantages of the mobile in detail, and is there a real development between the two versions that makes the phone worth buying or not? Are there alternatives in the same price category that outperform it or not? let’s start
And you can watch the full review of the Oppo Reno 6 4G.
The most important specifications of the main OPPO a16 mobile
- Screen: 6.52 inches IPS LCD, with a resolution of 1600 * 720 pixels
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G35 Octa-core
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB
- Back camera: triple lens, 13 + 2 + 2 mega-pixels
- Front camera: one 8-megapixel
- Battery: 5000 mAh
- Kit colours: blue, black
- Model Number: CPH2269
- Device price: 3600 EGP
|Li-Po 5000 mAh
OPPO A16 features
The back of the phone as well as the frame are made of glossy plastic and all the materials are like glass, and the good thing is that it absorbs shocks and is hard to break.
The device is available in only two colors: blue and black, and the colors are in the old design without any color overlap, only shiny from the edges.
- The screen design is still unchanged and comes in the form of a water drop.
- The screen is a 6.52-inch IPS LCD with HD + quality and a resolution of 720 * 1600 pixels. As for the pixel density in the screen, it offers a fairly good density of 269 pixels per inch.
- Colors For the category presented, the screen is clearly not the most powerful, but it provides a good color rendering where you will not find any problems with it.
- Screen brightness reaches 480 nits, which is an excellent number and it can be used well under the sun and better than most screens in this class, it is not necessary to increase the light level too much.
- The Oppo A16 display supports the new 20:9 aspect ratio and helps display more content on your phone screen, be it videos or games.
- The screen takes up 88.7% of the front of the kit and you can use gestures instead of buttons to increase the space used by the screen.
The screen supports many modes, the most important of which are eye protection mode, and dark mode, which makes the mobile completely black to preserve the battery as well as the eyes.
The phone supports all kinds of security, the first is the fingerprint which is integrated into the power button of the mobile and the sensor provides a very acceptable performance in terms of speed and excellent accuracy in this price range, but it is not the best.
The second type of security is face printing, which works through the front camera. It is very fast and almost faster than the fingerprint, as the Oppo company usually does to reduce the use of the fingerprint, and the company stated that the speed of the face print is 0.08 seconds.
The device works with the latest operating system so far in the market, which is Android 11, and it also contains the latest user interfaces, which contain a lot of features in addition to being light, which is the ColorOS 11.1 directly from the box.
In terms of storage, iPhones contain a 64GB EMMC 5.1 fixed storage version and one version of LPDR4X 4GB RAM, which works very well and can open a lot of applications.
Disadvantages of Oppo A16 mobile phone
The back of the phone and the plastic frame are both scratch-able and the appearance of fingerprints is very easy.
A case should be used to protect the tool from all this, in addition to the frame, it changes color after a certain period of use.
The weight of the mobile has become significantly larger, as the device has come with a weight of 190 grams in addition to the thickness, which is large 8.4 mm. It is true that the device is not impossible to handle and the back has curves, but during prolonged use it will not be easy to use.
- When we first used the tool, there were some hiccups and we don’t know why, but the processor used is definitely the reason for this because it is outdated compared to the interface that has a lot of options.
- Cameras have a very noticeable protrusion and are therefore particularly prone to scratches when placed on a flat surface.
- The company did not announce that the screen supports any of the protective layers except for the plastic adhesive placed on the screen previously. All this in addition to the large edges of the screen, especially the bottom edge is even larger than the previous version.
The fingerprint sensor in this mobile is not the fastest considering some phones in this price range and the closest to it is the Redmi Note 10 phone from Xiaomi, which excels in almost everything, and it does not open when the finger is sweaty and it is true that in this category it is normal, but it is the lowest of phones, and the sensor It is not the best.
|Blue, white, black
|4,000 EGP (32 GB + 3 GB RAM)